Ocean Magic Surfboards “The Viper”
The Viper from Ocean Magic Surfboards is a shorter version of a Mal for surfers who enjoy a more laid back style of surfing. The Viper is the brand new model from Nigel Semmens in the Ocean Magic Surboard Factory. It takes inspiration from the Scorpion model by Donald Takayama.
The Ocean Magic Viper is a great board for people who ride a longboard and are looking for something that will be more responsive and easier to manage when the waves are bigger. This is not to say that it won’t surf well in small waves – It is an extremely versatile board.
Alternatively the Viper is a fantastic option for surfers who usually ride short boards but need something for small, weak waves. As a result, the Ocean Magic Viper is fast becoming a popular board, filling a gap in most surfers quiver.
- Length: 6’6″
- Width: 22″
- Thickness: 2 5/8″
- Volume: 41.26L
- 4+1 Fin Set Up
- A scoop in the nose, flat mid section and vee through the fins and tail for easier rail to rail surfing.
- The Viper has a flat rocker line, wide template and 50/50 rails.
- Can be ridden as a single, quad, or 2+1 fin set up.
- Single fin – This setup is allows for a traditional style of surfing with more flow but less performance. We would recommend the 9″ Scarfini Eco longboard fin for all round glide and hold.
- 2+1 (main centre fin and trailers) – This setup will work well for all round surfing in most waves. We would recommend the Scarfini Air 6″ Longboard Fin and Scarfini Eco Series trailer fins to complete the look.
- Quad setup – This would be a good setup for when the waves get hollow as you have “more fin on the rail” for better hold in steeper waves. We would recommend the Scarfini HX4 Quad fins.