Starboard Hyper Foil Starlight 2019 (7’7″ x 30″)
The 7’2” gives extra glide and speed from the longer length and narrower width. The extra length makes it easier to paddle into waves with speed which helps to get up foiling quickly. It is also faster to paddle back out to catch more waves. The narrower width reduces the rail from catching or slowing down during manoeuvres.
- Scratch proof Parabolic Carbon Innegra rail.
- A combination of different fiberglass densities wrap the entire hull for strength and durability.
- Australian pine on standing area for extra impact resistance and rigidity.
*Does not include foil
The Boxy Rail – Maximize the volume of the outline, thus creating the essential floatation and stability when paddling a shorter board.
The Straight Outline – Optimizes the volume and stability to ride a short board that is compact and easy to control when flying.
Wide Nose and Tail – Provides stability when paddling. The wide tail gives a solid platform to push down to lift up the board, while the wider nose helps release easily and lift on touch downs.
Round Nose – Reduces the nose sticking and subsequent speed loss when touching down after flying. It also helps break the surface tension for faster release and lift.
Recessed Deck Pad Area – Lowers the center of gravity for extra stability and control to slightly wedge your feet against the rails.
Channel Tail –
- Provides stability similar to a trimaran. It also increases the tracking and control which is crucial when paddling shorter boards.
- The channels help reduce the wetted surface area to maintain speed on touch downs and releases earlier when getting up.
Chamfered Rail – Widens towards the nose to limit the rail touching when turning and reduces surface tension, while the tail feeds into a sharp edge for extra stability and release.
Extended EVA Pad – Raised EVA pad on top of the foil box helps identify the standing area without having to look down, and gives a solid grip when paddling into waves and when trimming the board.
EVA Centre Ridge – Makes it easy to feel and identify the middle of the board to stay centred and balanced.
Foil Box Position – Optimized for downwind, pump foiling and wave riding. Both Tuttle box and Plate options allow universal foil mounts on every model.