It’s a product we use all the time and wanted to stock one that was UK made, with great, natural ingredients. Yonder have been testing various recipes since early spring and had a pretty stringent list of criteria in a zinc we like to use as surfers. It comes in 60ml tins, is white in colour, has a subtle scent of lemongrass, lavender and peppermint.
Use liberally before each session – zinc acts a physical blocker to the sun so the white tint must be visible on your face to act as a barrier. If it comes off you’re not protected.
Firm: This is a zinc that gave resistance to the fingers when applying but not so firm it was hard work in the cold.
Colour: The feedback was that white is more universal and the feedback was that it’s better to be obvious that you’re wearing zinc than it look like skin coloured make-up.
Scent: A beautiful, subtle scent, with essential oils that have benefits to the skin, carry SPF properties and smell fresh when applied.
Waterproof: Yonder were striving for a vegan recipe but on testing, beeswax provided the most waterproof protection. They use a UK beeswax also as oppose in importing other possible alternatives.
- Zinc oxide (Zinc Oxide)
- Beeswax (Cera Alba)
- Hemp (Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil)
- Mango (Mangifera Indica Seed Butter)
- Shea (Butyrospermum Parkii Butter)
- Coconut oil (Cocos nucifera oil)
- Rhassoul Clay (Moroccan Lava Clay)
- Vitamin E Oil (Tocopherol)
- Lemongrass (Cymbopogon schoenanthus Oil)
- Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia Herb Oil)
- Peppermint (Mentha Piperita Oil)